Position available: Swiss CNC Machine Operator
Description: Produce custom precision parts by operating a multi-axis Swiss-style CNC Machine. Maintain quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Functions Include:
- Responsible for the operation of multiple machines throughout the shift and producing parts within required tolerances.
- Responsible for inspection of precision product utilizing various precision measuring and gauging tools and visual checks.
- Make offset adjustments, sharpen, change and adjust tooling, and maintain fluids.
- Operate and load bar feeder and measure bar stock.
- Check material to ensure correct material is being used per blueprint and job specifications. Knowledge of various materials and differences between each.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and maintaining a clean and safe workstation.
- Communicate with set-up person, foreman, and other shifts regarding the quality and job status.
- Previous experience operating Swiss-style CNC machines or completion of company apprenticeship program.
- Ability to call up programs, offset tools and overall knowledge of basic CNC machine operation.
- Possess strong mathematical abilities, verbal/written communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Ability to read precision gauges and visual accuracy.
- Ability to produce precision work.
- Requires visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect precision machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
- Physical ability to work requiring continuous standing, bending, twisting and stooping the entire shift.
- Physical strength to lift and carry up to 50lbs. frequently throughout the day.