Position available: Swiss CNC Machine Operator
Description: Produce custom precision parts by operating a multi-axis Swiss-style CNC Machine. Maintain quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Functions Include:
- Responsible for the operation of multiple machines throughout the shift and producing parts within required tolerances.
- Responsible for inspection of precision product utilizing various precision measuring and gauging tools and visual checks.
- Make offset adjustments, sharpen, change and adjust tooling, and maintain fluids.
- Operate and load bar feeder and measure bar stock.
- Check material to ensure correct material is being used per blueprint and job specifications. Knowledge of various materials and differences between each.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and maintaining a clean and safe workstation.
- Communicate with set-up person, foreman, and other shifts regarding the quality and job status.
- Previous experience operating Swiss-style CNC machines or completion of company apprenticeship program.
- Ability to call up programs, offset tools and overall knowledge of basic CNC machine operation.
- Possess strong mathematical abilities, verbal/written communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Ability to read precision gauges and visual accuracy.
- Ability to produce precision work.
- Requires visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect precision machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
- Physical ability to work requiring continuous standing, bending, twisting and stooping the entire shift.
- Physical strength to lift and carry up to 50lbs. frequently throughout the day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.